Volunteer with ALLFED (general application)
Volunteers play a key role in ALLFED’s preparedness, operations, communications, and research. Some of our core, long-standing team members began as volunteers.
The key benefits of joining our established volunteer program are its flexibility and support. We have significant experience integrating and managing volunteers. You can volunteer from anywhere in the world, on any timezone, and largely on a schedule that works for you.
Volunteer in any of ALLFED’s main focus areas:
Play an active role in hands-on research involving collaborative meetings, rigorous methods, creative thinking, and a focus on publishing peer-reviewed articles.
Dive into maintaining and improving ALLFED’s many systems.
Work across a wide range of projects, including building our social media presence, editing and writing content for internal and external audiences, and participating on the website improvement team.
Planning and preparedness:
Turn your knowledge and strategic thinking into real-world plans, and collaborate across ALLFED’s different teams to learn more about interdisciplinary action.
Here are what we believe makes ALLFED’s volunteer program stand out:
- This is the most flexible way to contribute to ALLFED. We accommodate a wide range of timezones, work styles, and weekly commitment levels.
- There are volunteer opportunities across all areas of our organization, including in communications, operations, strategy, research, fundraising, development, technology, and more.
- We offer a comprehensive onboarding process to help you hit the ground running as an ALLFED team member.
- Our established systems and processes offer two benefits: you’ll have more clarity about how your projects are progressing, and you’ll have an opportunity to build your skills working with project management systems.
- You’ll be part of the ALLFED team from day one, with opportunities to join social events and team meetings, participate in well-being checks, learn through attending meetings, and engage with ALLFED perks like our COVID-19 team treats program.
- You will collaborate with other ALLFED members, and will have a project lead on all of your projects.
- You will receive feedback on your work and have opportunities to offer your feedback and ideas for what we can improve.
Interested? Here is the general process for pursuing volunteering with ALLFED:
- We will ask you to complete our ALLFED volunteering interest form, to get a better sense of your interests, availability, and skills.
- You will chat with a team member so that we can learn more about each other.
- You will have the opportunity to complete a “taster task” so that you and ALLFED can establish mutual fit.
- If there is a mutual fit, you will participate in ALLFED’s onboarding process and get started with your first project!
- You will have ongoing support and opportunities to meet others on the ALLFED team.
Our volunteering program is currently undergoing a comprehensive review to enhance and streamline our processes. During this period, we regret to inform you that we are temporarily suspending the onboarding of new volunteers.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding as we work towards making our volunteering experience even better for everyone involved.
Please stay tuned for updates on when we will resume accepting new volunteers. Thank you for your continued support.