Specialist Advisor, Organisational resilience and risk management
35 years experience in organisational resilience and risk management related issues gained over 19 years intensive international commercial consulting, focusing on crisis management and organisation level resilience, experience underpinned by a 21 year military career in operational resilience
- specialities are Crisis Management, Exercises and Organisational Resilience and Business Continuity Management (BCM). ISO 22316, ISO22398, ISO 22301
Considerable experience in building corporate mechanisms for organisational resilience including:
- crisis and incident management in major global organisations, extensive crisis case studies
- training/coaching/buy-in for executive management and exercising strategic level teams in varied risk scenarios
- lead adviser on major projects such as BCM programme design, implementation/assurance at organisational level - wide cross section of sectors.
- contributed as co-opted panel member on BS 11200 crisis management, PD 25666 and ISO 22398
- specialist experience in design and facilitation of exercises, including live exercises and post incident review/organisational learning. Led design of the first UK national 2012 Olympics C3 exercise.
- risk management problem solving, scenario work and specific risk planning
- experienced and enthusiastic speaker and trainer
Specialties: organisational resilience, crisis management, exercises, business continuity management (BCM) programmes, crisis communications, risk communication, CBRN, scenario planning, war games, emergency management, incident management, risk management, post incident learning, capability audit, organisational learning, debriefs, bench-marking, humanitarian, HR crisis procedures, Olympics, Pitt review, pandemic, assurance, command and control, serious games, information fusion, human data interfaces, experiential learning, ICS, speaker, BS65000, ISO 22398, BS11200, consulting, existential risks