501(c)(3) Project Coordinator
We are looking for an experienced 501(c)(3) Project Coordinator to scope, design and help implement our potential transition from a fiscally sponsored project to an independent 501(c)(3) organization. Only apply if you have substantial 501(c)(3) experience.
Otherwise, you may wish to consider our general Project Coordinator positions.
Remote / home working.
Some in-person meetings if you are based in London/the UK.
Duration and Hours:
- This role is initially for 3-6 months to scope a potential transition into an independent 501(c)(3). If going ahead, it may well evolve into an ongoing 501(c)(3) maintenance/management role.
- This role can be part time or full time, in the range of 20 to 40 hours per week.
To be agreed based on scope and experience.
Our standard pay range for this role is $22.50-$27.50 per hour. We will consider a higher rate of pay for exceptional candidates.
Director of Operations
This project coordination role is focused on 501(c)(3) set up, development and maintenance (though some general project coordination duties may also be included).
The initial job of the 501(c)(3) Project Coordinator will be to assist/coordinate:
- administrative aspects of / initial coordination of the newly registered ALLFED Institute 501(c)(3) organization,
- scoping of a ALLFED’s potential transition from a fiscally sponsored project to an independent 501(c)(3) organization.
If going ahead, this would then move to 501(c)(3) compliance and maintenance.
The 501(c)(3) Project Coordinator will work closely with ALLFED’s management and project leads as well as with our existing fiscal sponsor (Players Philanthropy Fund).
Preparing a transition project plan (from a fiscally sponsored project to an independent 501(c)(3) organization). It should incorporate:
- all aspects of the transition process,
- any relevant compliance,
- rough transition budget,
- resources needed,
- transition risks.
Assisting the management team in determining the best manner in which to set up and run the new 501(c)(3) organization. This will include:
- review of and consultations on the transition plan,
- options review,
- compliance review.
If going ahead, assisting with the new 501(c)(3) organizational set-up, including but not limited to:
- securing relevant resources and services,
- preparing and filing of the necessary documents,
- assisting ALLFED management and team in the transition process,
- monitoring project deadlines and schedules,
- helping monitor project budgets,
- helping to identify bottlenecks and barriers in projects, and finding ways to remove them,
- suggesting any necessary adjustments to operational systems and processes,
- actively looking out for and communicating any potential issues, risks, or opportunities within projects.
On milestones, tasks and deliverables.
ALLFED INSTITUTE COMPLIANCE / COORDINATION
Building the awareness and reputation of the new 501(c)(3) entity, e.g.: https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm
OTHER ORGANIZATION DEVELOPMENT/ PROJECT COORDINATION DUTIES.
Essential (Must Have):
For all ALLFED roles
- A mature, open-minded, and can-do attitude - we are trying to help feed the world!,
- Self-motivated, reliable, hard-working, able to get along with people,
- Awareness of ALLFED’s work and mission http://allfed.info,
- Comfortable with working remotely,
- Access to high-speed Internet, headset + webcam,
- Good English language skills, both spoken and written.
Specific to this role
- Minimum 3 years experience within the 501(c)(3) environment,
- Good general knowledge of 501(c)(3) regulations and requirements,
- Excellent general project management skills,
- Excellent language and communication skills (both written and verbal),
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and a proactive approach to problem-solving,
- Excellent time management, with an ability to prioritize competing tasks,
- Excellent interpersonal, people, and team-leading skills,
- Procurement and negotiations experience (of systems, goods and services),
- Good budgets and resource management,
- Good attention to detail,
- Good computer, internet, and telephone skills,
- Good IT competence and use of project tools and systems, and
- An organizational/systems mindset.
Desirable (Nice to Have):
- 501(c)(3) management/board experience,
- Project management qualifications,
- Good awareness of USA financial/fundraising/HR regulations,
- Organizational / business development experience,
- Risk management experience,
- Compliance experience.
To apply, please complete our 501(c)(3) Project Coordinator application form. We look forward to hearing from you!
If you are interested in this type of work but do not have the experience and/or qualifications required for this role, you may wish to check out our other roles instead.
Please direct any questions and/or applications to