CRM Assistant (Volunteer)
We are looking for volunteers to join our CRM team.
You will play a supportive role in the visioning, designing, testing, planning, implementing, protecting, operating, maintaining, and helping manage ALLFED’s CRM database(s) using the Greenrope CRM system.
Remote / home working.
Some in-person meetings if you’re based in London/UK.
Duration and Hours:
To fully benefit both ALLFED and the volunteer we are looking for candidates that can commit to a minimum of 12 weeks and can donate a minimum of 5 and ideally 10+ hrs per week.
This will allow enough time to complete the ALLFED volunteer induction and exit process, as well as any specific CRM departmental training.
The volunteer will be involved in the overall administration of our Contact Relationship Management (CRM) system and its users. Supporting the day-to-day running of the CRM, maintaining the databases to the highest standards of accuracy, running timely data imports and exports, and providing accurate and timely data enhancements, selections and segmentation for supportive communication activities across our organization.
The successful candidate must have some IT and digital skills but is not necessarily a technologist. Instead, they are a person with a good understanding of how a CRM should and can be utilized across the organization. They should be an advocate for the CRM within ALLFED, inspire the team about CRM uses and possibilities, and help to appropriately support the team to expand the CRM’s use.
Additionally, a person in this role should take the matters of data management and data integrity seriously and be fully committed to maintaining appropriate levels of data protection and confidentiality, in line with European and US data protection laws.
This is an involved role in the development of the ALLFED CRM. We are not seeking someone to simply monitor the database and make slight adjustments for performance. Similarly, we are not seeking someone to simply complete data entry.
Examples of the types of areas you could be asked to support as a volunteer include:
- Assisting with the CRM design to deliver maximum efficiency and impact for ALLFED CRM internal and external stakeholders
- Working with colleagues at all levels of the organization to
- assess and advise on CRM requirements
- identify how the CRM can best meet team members’ specific needs
- design new features and workflows
- design dashboards and analytics visualizations
- identify opportunities for streamlining ALLFED’s activities through better use of the CRM
- Identifying, creating, and modifying workflow automation and flows/processes
- Making changes and updates to groups, tags, page layouts, and custom fields to enable relevant information to be gathered and reported
- Assisting with the enhancement, import and export of CRM data
- Making sure our data is secure and is backed up regularly
- Maintaining the integrity and quality of the database by carrying out regular maintenance and data audits.
- Cleaning up and consolidating CRM data, while complying with any data security and management policies and procedures
CRM Project Coordination
- Assisting with the CRM Change Management program to inform and inspire all stakeholders about the system, including its benefits, design, build and implementation process
- Helping to monitor and manage milestones, tasks, and deliverables of the CRM project
- Overseeing the documentation of all development work
- Creating and modifying reports and dashboards for management information
- Providing regular overview reports and analysis on our data for the organization
CRM Admin / Help Desk
- Managing the CRM help desk, keeping an up-to-date log of all CRM issues and priorities
- Troubleshooting any configuration errors and/or issues occurring within the CRM (in collaboration with appropriate CRM experts and help desk teams)
- Taking an active interest in and researching new functionality in Greenrope CRM releases and their relevance and value to ALLFED
- Facilitating and delivering CRM training to users to ensure that the CRM is used effectively and consistently throughout ALLFED
- Becoming ALLFED’s “go-to” expert for all CRM queries and ideas for development, proactively identifying areas for improvement and suggesting changes, translating our needs into briefs for either our third-party developers or for our team to deliver in-house
Essential (must have):
For all ALLFED roles
- A mature, open-minded, and can-do attitude - we are trying to help feed the world!
- Self-motivated, reliable, hard-working, able to get along with people,
- Awareness of ALLFED’s work and mission http://allfed.info.
- Comfortable with working remotely.
- Access to high speed Internet, headset + webcam.
- Good English language skills, both spoken and written.
Specific to this role
- An excellent level of overall IT literacy.
- Strong spreadsheet skills, with an ability to use Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
at an intermediate level as a minimum.
- Previous experience in a CRM and/or digital and/or end-user tech support role.
- Methodical approach and excellent attention to detail.
- Able to multitask and maintain multiple work streams.
- Security-conscious and able to maintain absolute confidentiality of sensitive
information and data.
- Familiarity with general project management principles and methodologies.
- Able to prioritize tasks to deliver the required outputs to the agreed timelines.
- Able to work with people with varying needs, personalities, and technical abilities.
- Customer-service-oriented approach to service delivery
- Excited about the possibilities of the CRM and its transformational power.
- Creative, innovative, and inspirational.
- Discreet and privacy-minded.
- Flexible and adaptable, able to work in a dynamic, evolving organization
Desirable (Nice to have):
- At least one year of experience working with databases, data procedures, and data
administration, or a proven strong knowledge of database management.
- A degree (completed or currently in progress) in CRMs, data management,
computer science, or a related information-technology field.
- Project management qualifications and/or experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel for data manipulation and analysis.
- Knowledge of CSS or HTML, and/or knowledge of APIs.
- Good understanding of current data protection legislation in the UK and US.
As the first step, please would you complete our Volunteers & Interns Interest Form (which will also give you an idea of the various Volunteering Opportunities available).
We also request all candidates to attend to CRM Application Form as part of the matching process, to check out any relevant skills.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please direct any questions and/or applications to