We want you to understand how your data is collected and used. This privacy statement sets out how we go about collecting data, what data we collect, why we collect it, and how it is used.
This is the ALLFED’s policy on online data collection. When we say “we,” “us,” or “our,” we mean ALLFED – Alliance to feed the Earth in Disasters. This policy governs all pages hosted at allfed.info.
This policy may be changed or updated from time to time. By visiting one of our websites or using one of our mobile apps, you accept the practices described in this Policy. This policy is effective starting January 4, 2018.
Information we collect:
- We collect email addresses in order to identify users (e.g. for logging in) and to communicate with them
- We collect email, name, and other personally identifiable information for the purposes of complying with auditing requirements, claiming Gift Aid, etc.
- We may use web beacons to collect and log additional information, such as IP address and browser/OS. We may store this information in persistent storage (e.g. a database) or in server logs.
- You can manage your cookie settings via your browser, but if you disable cookies our site may not work properly for you.
How we respond to Do Not Track signals:
We do not take any special action in response to these signals.
Web Server Log Files
We collect data about website visitors in web server log files including IP address and ISP(internet service provider). We only use these records for administration; it is typically hard to tie to a single individual without extensive resources and we never attempt to do so. You can avoid us and other websites logging your personal IP address by using a VPN service.
How we use your information:
- To process any donations you make.
- To fulfil any orders you make (for example, if we are giving away copies of a book and you request that a copy be sent to you, we will use the mailing address you provide).
- To comply with auditing requirements and claiming Gift Aid on donations made to us.
- To make public reports about anonymized, aggregated donations to ALLFED.
- To show you advertisements on other websites.
- To respond to lawful requests by public authorities.
How we share information:
- We send some personally identifiable data to third-party CRM/marketing services (for example to Mailchimp for newsletter subscription management)
- As a general rule we will not share personally identifiable information with third parties, unless required by law enforcement.
- With the user’s consent we may share personally identifiable information with partner organizations (typically charities) so that they can reconcile donor lists, track conversions etc.
How we contact you
We may contact you using the information you have provided for purposes other than the one you originally provided the information for (for example, to send you our newsletter).
You can opt out of being contacted by following the unsubscribe instructions in our emails, or by replying to the email asking us not to contact you.
Our sites have links to other websites. We are not responsible for the content of those sites or how they process any personal information you provide.
We don’t expect or intend to collect information on children under 13. Children should get help from a parent or guardian before entering personal information into a website.
If any websites now owned by ALLFED transfer ownership, for example because they spin off to become a separate project or are acquired by another nonprofit, your information may be transferred to the new owner.
We protect your data by:
- Sending all information over encrypted channels (SSL/TLS)
- Using PCI Compliant payment processors to avoid storing user payment details (e.g. credit card numbers)
How to contact us:
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information we hold about you, or wish to correct any information we hold about you, please write to email@example.com.
If you have questions about this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.